This policy statement provides information on how ELOSOFT deal with the data that we handle through our developed software. We acknowledge the right of every entity to privacy, our commitment to this starts in complying with the registration requirements of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), NPC Registration No. PIC-001-825-2022. ELOSOFT shall balance the free flow of information with privacy in pursuing its objectives.
Your data is critical to your business and keeping it safe plays a critical role in maintaining customer TRUST, we also know that you take great care of and keep the data under your control. We want you to feel confident that subscribing to ELOSOFT Cloud Platform doesn't require you to compromise on security or control of your business's data.
At ELOSOFT Platform, we believe that trust is created through transparency, and we want to be transparent about our commitments and what you can expect when it comes to our shared responsibility for protecting and managing your data in the cloud.
When you use any software developed by ELOSOFT:
1. You own and control your data, not ELOSOFT- Customer data is your data while ELOSOFT’s are data custodian only, we only process your data with your consent and in reference to this agreement.
2. We don’t share information that personally identifies you with advertisers, such as your name, contact number, email, photos unless you ask us to. We do not and shall not in any way share any information about you that is not already publicly available.
3. We are committed to protecting your data from third parties and will never sell your personal information.
4. We are transparent with your data and never hide any information for our own benefit.
5. All your internal users have access control, access rights shall be defined by you and alerts are in place to guard against insider to copy or print data.
6. We never give 'backdoor' access to any entity.
There are many different ways you can use our services – register personal and academic details of your customers/students internal personnel, their current activities and competency records as well as work information, to communicate with one another or to create new content, you share these information with us by subscribing to our software. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we handle and why we do it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
- Information you share
- Accessing and updating your data
- Information we share
- Information Security
- Compliance with authorities
Information we handle
We handle information to assist you in managing operations, comply with authority requirements, provide you with appropriate reports and better services to all of your users.
We handle information in the following ways:
- Information you allow us to handle: names of persons with their details, equipment and facilities information and school activities, practical exercises and their schedules.
- Information we handle from your use of our software, like photos, audio and video presentations, reading, and assessment material.
Your information that we handle is processed by the software for your record keeping, reporting, monitoring and your compliance with authorities and never for the advantage of ELOSOFT
Our goal is to be clear about what information we handle, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You can review the software features to decide on how a certain data be handled, we could customize the software in refence to your procedures. The method of control to certain types could also be customized as you may require.
The content in the system are owned by you therefore you have full control on how it is handled and processed provided your restrictions shall not hamper any of the key functions and features of our software to which you are subscribed.
Information you share
Some feature in the software let you share information with students and colleagues. Remember that when you share information, it could be photo or video copied by them and shared to others. The school should have a procedure on what info to share with whom.
Accessing and updating your data
Whenever you use our software, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, you need to log in and verify your identity thru a two step authentication before your request can take effect.
When we access your personal information, we undergo same verification and the access is logged got tracing purposes.
An audit trail exists in the form of a database that allows you or us to view all changes that are made to any data that are processed by our software.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ELOSOFT unless one of the following circumstances applies:
We will NOT share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ELOSOFT without your consent. We will never ask consent for Sensitive Personal Information.
- Data for external processing
- For legal reasons
We will only share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation,
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against the rights, intellectual property or safety of ELOSOFT
We work hard to protect ELOSOFT and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We encrypt your data using SSL, it helps protect your data, SSL encrypts the connection between your computer and cloud servers. This helps prevent others, like Internet cafes, Internet Service Providers, and Wi-Fi hotspots, from seeing your login information.
- For added security we will soon offer you two step verification when you access your account
- Auto and manual archiving of data shall be provided under your control and could be set in reference to your policy
- We restrict access to personal information to our key employees only and never with contractors.
- We will continuously review our procedure in handling information, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
ELOSOFT Development Team